Xero Online Accounting Service Instructions
You can send invoices to your customers directly from Xero. Use Xero to generate an email message with your invoice as a PDF document attached and send it to PostalMethods, where it will be sent as a postal letter within one business day.
Adjust invoice template:
- Sign in to your Xero account
- From the Settings selection tab, click on General Settings
- Click on Invoice Settings
- Under PDF Formatting set:
- Top margin: 1.35cm
- Font size: 9pt.
- Click Save
Send an invoice as a letter:
- Select an invoice you would like to mail or create a new one
- When viewing the invoice, make sure the recipient postal address appears in top-left corner of the invoice. Click on Edit to add or modify the address
- Edit the invoice as you like. Once finished, click on the Email envelope icon
- In the To: text field write: email@example.com and Send the email to PostalMethods
An e-mail message containing the attached invoice is sent to PostalMethods. The address is extracted from the document; your invoice is printed, folded, inserted, stamped and delivered to the postal agency. You can see your letter being processed in the PostalMethods Control Panel Activity table.
- The email account you are using in order to send the email message to PostalMethods must be defined as an Allowed Email Sender in the PostalMethods Security Settings tab.
- You can send letters via PostalMethods by using other applications, by using your favorite office application, by using our "Quick Send" web form or by using our advanced Web Services (for developers).
- You can simulate sending letters for free in order to see how your resulting letter and envelope will look like. There is no charge for these tests. You can view your letters in the PostalMethods control panel. To simulate a letter simply include this string:
/Developmentanywhere in the Subject line of your email and your letter will be simulated instead of being delivered to the postal service.