How To Send Letters From Simply Accounting by Sage
You can send invoices to your customers directly from Simply Accounting by sage. Use Simply Accounting to generate an email message with your invoice as a PDF document attached and send it to PostalMethods, where it will be sent as a postal letter within one business day.
Adjust Your Simply Accounting Account:
As a preparatory step for sending invoices as letters with PostalMethods, we need to adjust your account to make sure that the recipient and return address on the invoice are clearly displayed through the envelope windows.
Please contact PostalMethods Support and request to set your PostalMethods account for sending letters from Simply Accounting.
Sending Invoices by Postal Mail:
- Start the Simply Accounting by Sage application
- Click on the Sales icon appear under Money In
- At the Sales-Invoice dialog box, create a new invoice or select an existing invoice
- When viewing the invoice, click on the E-mail icon on the top left corner of the window
- Write the following email address in E-mail Address: email@example.com and click Send
Please note: your email client (Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.) may prompt you with a security warning since you are trying to send an email message using a third party application. For the invoice to be sent out, you should allow Simply Accounting to send the email via your email client.
An e-mail message containing the attached invoice is sent to PostalMethods. The address is extracted from the document; your invoice is printed, folded, inserted, stamped and delivered to the postal agency. You can see your letter being processed in the PostalMethods Control Panel Activity table.
- The email account you are using in order to send the email message to PostalMethods must be defined as an Allowed Email Sender in the PostalMethods Security Settings tab.
- You can send letters via PostalMethods by using other applications, by using your favorite office application, by using our "Quick Send" web form or by using our advanced Web Services (for developers).
- You can simulate sending letters for free in order to see how your resulting letter and envelope will look like. There is no charge for these tests. You can view your letters in the PostalMethods control panel. To simulate a letter simply include this string:
/Developmentanywhere in the Subject line of your email and your letter will be simulated instead of being delivered to the postal service.