Configure the Sales and Distribution or Materials Management modules
Create a new PostalMethods output type for users of the Sales and Distribution or Materials Management modules Module.
- Access the SPRO transaction
- Do one of the following according to the relevant module:
- If you are using the SAP SD module, in the Structure tree, navigate to the following path: Sales and Distribution > Basic Functions > Output Control > Output Determination Using the Condition Technique > Maintain Output Determination for Sales Documents > Maintain Output Types
- If you are using the SAP MM module, in the Structure tree, navigate to the following path: Purchasing > Messages > Output Control > Message Types > Define Message Types for Scheduling Agreement Release/Expediter, and then click Maintain Message Types for Forecast Delivery Schedule
- Do one of the following:
- If you have an existing output type used for regular printing, select this output type, copy and paste it to create another, identical output type, then double-click the new output type to edit it
- If you do not have an existing output type for printing, create a new output type
- At the top of the output type details, type a descriptive name for the new output type, such as "PostalMethods Email-to-Post"
- In the General Data tab, type the four-digit code of the Access sequence that is relevant for sending letters. Typically, this will be the same access sequence used for regular printing
- In the Default Values tab, do the following:
- From the Dispatch Time drop-down menu, select the option relevant for sending of letters: sending immediately on save, sending by scheduled job, etc.
- From the Transmission Medium drop-down menu, select 8 - Special function
WARNING: You must set Transmission Medium to 8, otherwise it will not be possible to define special handling for the outgoing email, so that it can be delivered as postal mail by PostalMethods.
- Check with the SAP developer who will work on this output type, whether they prefer to modify the existing processing program used for printing to also enable email-to-post, or create a new program for email-to-post. Also, ask the developer for the name of the program they will use for email-to-post. If you copy-pasted from an existing output type used for printing, and the developer wants to use the same processing program used for printing, do not proceed to the next step. If you created a new output type, or if the developer wants to create a new program, proceed to the next step.
- Ensure that your new output type is selected. From the Dialog Structure tree on the left, select Processing Routines.
- Under Processing 1, in the Program field, type the name of the processing program the developer will use for email-to-post (whether this is the existing program used for printing, or a new program)
The output types overview is displayed.
Details for the new output type are displayed.