How to Send Letters From SageCRM.com
You can send invoices, quotes, welcome messages and any type of postal letter to your customers directly from SageCRM.com. Use SageCRM.com to generate an email message with your invoice as a PDF document attached and send it to PostalMethods, where it will be sent as a postal letter within one business day.
- During the process, SageCRM.com uses a Word template to which it merges data from the CRM. The merge is performed using a SageCRM Plugin. If you have not already installed the plug-in, you will be prompted to do so during the merge process.
For more information, see the SageCRM User Guide (Chapter 7 :Managing Documents, Downloading the CRM Plugin). The user guide can be viewed from your online sageCRM account. Click on System Help > System Documentation > User Guide (PDF).
- For the purpose of testing, download the PostalMethods SageCRM.com Sample Template and save it anywhere on your local drive
- We assume that the CRM contact used has valid and full postal address and name data
- To use your own templates when sending letters, you will need to redesign them so that to the recipient and return addresses are positioned correctly, as explained here
Send a letter from SageCRM.com
- Sign in to your SageCRM.com account
- Click on the Contacts tab and click on the contact name to whom you wish to send the letter to
- Right-click on the New menu button, and select Document. At the time this tutorial was written, this feature was only supported when using Internet Explorer
- Select the Merge with A Local Template option and click Continue
- When prompted to select a template, navigate to PostalMethods SageCRM.com sample template you saved during the previous step
- If this is the first time you are using the SageCRM.com template feature on your computer, you are prompted to install the Sage CRM Document Plugin. Click Install
- The merged document is then displayed using Microsoft Word and it may be edited. Make sure you do not change the position of the recipient and return addresses
- From Microsoft Word, send the document as an email message containing an attachment. In Word 2007: click on the Office button (top-left corner), select Send and then E-mail
- An e-mail message is then opened using your default e-mail client. Write the following email address in the To line: email@example.com and click Send
- You can leave the merged document open. It shuts down automatically when all the merge steps are completed. If you decide to close the document at this point, you must first save it. Return to SageCRM. The Communications Details page is displayed. If you wish to record this communication, fill up the form and click Save
An e-mail message containing the attached invoice is sent to PostalMethods. The address is extracted from the document; your invoice is printed, folded, inserted, stamped and delivered to the postal agency. You can see your letter being processed in the PostalMethods Control Panel Activity table.
- The email account you are using in order to send the email message to PostalMethods must be defined as an Allowed Email Sender in the PostalMethods Security Settings tab.
- You can send letters via PostalMethods by using other applications, by using your favorite office application, by using our "Quick Send" web form or by using our advanced Web Services (for developers).
- You can simulate sending letters for free in order to see how your resulting letter and envelope will look like. There is no charge for these tests. You can view your letters in the PostalMethods control panel. To simulate a letter simply include this string:
/Developmentanywhere in the Subject line of your email and your letter will be simulated instead of being delivered to the postal service.