Microsoft Office Accounting 2009 Instructions
You can send invoices to your customers directly from Microsoft Office Accounting 2009. Use Microsoft Office Accounting 2009 to generate an email message with a Word document attached and send it to your PostalMethods account where it will be sent as a postal letter.
- Add the PostalMethods Letter Template to your Microsoft Office Accounting 2009 templates:
- Download the PostalMethods Invoice Letter template for Accounting 2009.
- Place the template in your Office accounting invoice templates folder. See Microsoft's Template Overview page to locate your templates folder.
- Create a new invoice to be sent as letter:
- Start Microsoft Office Accounting 2009.
- Click Create Invoice appearing under Start a Task.
- Fill up the invoice details and save (Ctrl+S).
- From the Invoice menu, select Actions and then Export to Word.
- In the Select Word Templates window, select the template you have downloaded earlier.
- View your invoice and close the word document.
- In the Invoice window click on the E-Mail Envelope icon appearing on the toolbar and select Send As Word Attachment.
- An Outlook message window will open. Address the email message to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and click Send.
An e-mail message containing the attached invoice is sent to PostalMethods. The address is extracted from the document; your invoice is printed, folded, inserted, stamped and delivered to the postal agency. You can see your letter being processed in the PostalMethods Control Panel Activity table.
- The email account you are using in order to send the email message to PostalMethods must be defined as an Allowed Email Sender in the PostalMethods Security Settings tab.
- You can send letters via PostalMethods by using other applications, by using your favorite office application, by using our "Quick Send" web form or by using our advanced Web Services (for developers).
- You can simulate sending letters for free in order to see how your resulting letter and envelope will look like. There is no charge for these tests. You can view your letters in the PostalMethods control panel. To simulate a letter simply include this string:
/Developmentanywhere in the Subject line of your email and your letter will be simulated instead of being delivered to the postal service.