How To Send Letters From Invotrak
Send invoices to your customers as snailmail letters directly from Invotrak. Just generate a paper invoice and send it to your customer by mail, as easily as you send them an email.
Sending Invoices by Postal Mail
- Sign in to your Invotrak account
- Click on the Invoices tab
- Open an existing invoice or create a new one
- Click on the Generate Paper Invoice link
- At the Generate Invoice window, make sure that the Template Style is set to Basic Business. You may edit the rest of the invoice details as needed
- Click on Generate PDF and save the PDF on your local hard drive
- Go back to this invoice page and click on Edit this Invoice
- Click on Browse and attach the Invoice PDF you saved in the previous step then click on Update Invoice
- Click on Send Email
- In the To: text box, write the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, verify that the PDF invoice file is attached and click on Send Email
An e-mail message containing the attached invoice is sent to PostalMethods. The address is extracted from the document; your invoice is printed, folded, inserted, stamped and delivered to the postal agency. You can see your letter being processed in the PostalMethods Control Panel Activity table.
- The email account you are using in order to send the email message to PostalMethods must be defined as an Allowed Email Sender in the PostalMethods Security Settings tab.
- You can send letters via PostalMethods by using other applications, by using your favorite office application, by using our "Quick Send" web form or by using our advanced Web Services (for developers).
- You can simulate sending letters for free in order to see how your resulting letter and envelope will look like. There is no charge for these tests. You can view your letters in the PostalMethods control panel. To simulate a letter simply include this string:
/Developmentanywhere in the Subject line of your email and your letter will be simulated instead of being delivered to the postal service.