How To Send Letters From Vertafore InStar Insurance Agency Management
Send letters to your customers directly from InStar Insurance Agency Management. Use InStar Insurance Agency Management to generate an email message with a PDF document attached and send it to PostalMethods where it will be sent as a postal letter.
Send A Test Letter
Start by sending a test letter from InStar before you are making any changes to your letter template:
- Follow the letter sending instructions
- Login to the PostalMethods Control Panel website. Go to the Activity section, locate the line of the letter you sent and expend that line. Click on the [View] link and select [Envelope]. A simulation of the envelope containing your letter pops up. View both images to see how the content of your letter is positioned inside the envelope.
If both the recipient and return addresses are fully visible through the envelope windows - you are ready and can start sending letters from InStar. If not, you may need to make some design changes to your letter template and letterhead.
How To Edit Your Letter Template
You may need to edit your letter template so that the recipient address is correctly positioned in order for it to be visible through the envelope window.
- Go to Main Menu > System Setup > Template Tables
- Click on the default Letter Layout button
- Click List and then the line showing the Letter Template and click OK
- Click Duplicate so you do not change your existing letter template and give a new name at the Description field - for example: "PostalMethods Letter"
- According to what you saw in the envelope simulation images, make the needed changes to the content of the letter. Consider the following:
- The recipient postal address fully appears inside the bottom window
- The leftmost and the bottommost parts of the address have at least an 1/8 of an inch margin from the left and bottom edges of the window respectively
- Content, other than the postal address, does not appear through the bottom window
How To Edit Your Letterhead
You may need to edit your agency settings so that the recipient address is correctly positioned in order for it to be visible through the envelope window.
- Go to Main Menu > System Setup > Main System
- Click on the Letter tab
- According to what you saw in the envelope simulation images, make the needed changes to the letterhead type and logo. Consider the following:
- The logo and brand name should be seen through the envelope window so that the recipient recognizes the sender
- The return address should be seen in order for the letter to be returned to you in case it is undeliverable
How To Send Letters From InStar
Create a letter using InStar, print it as a PDF document, open the PDF document and email it to PostalMethods.
- Select a customer to which you would like to send a letter and click on the Letter button appearing at the bottom-left corner of the form
- Click Add to create a new letter
- Click the Layout button and select the letter template you created in the previous steps. Make sure your letter contains all the information it requires and click Save
- Click Print, select Print To PDF List and then click the Print button at the bottom of the form
- The letter is printed as a PDF file and then added to the PDF list. To open the letter, click Print again, select Print To PDF List and click PDF Advanced
- Locate the PDF in the PDF list and double click it
- Your letter is then opened using your PDF Viewer (e.g., Acrobat Reader). From the PDF viewer, send the document as an email attachment (In Acrobat Reader, click File > Attach to Email...)
- An Outlook message window is opened. Write this address in the To: line: firstname.lastname@example.org, and click Send.
An e-mail message containing the attached document is sent to PostalMethods. The address is extracted from the document; your document is printed, folded, inserted, stamped and delivered to the postal agency. You can see your letter being processed in the PostalMethods Control Panel Activity table.
- The email account you are using in order to send the email message to PostalMethods must be defined as an Allowed Email Sender in the PostalMethods Security Settings tab.
- You can send letters via PostalMethods by using other applications, by using your favorite office application, by using our "Quick Send" web form or by using our advanced Web Services (for developers).
- You can simulate sending letters for free in order to see how your resulting letter and envelope will look like. There is no charge for these tests. You can view your letters in the PostalMethods control panel. To simulate a letter simply include this string:
/Developmentanywhere in the Subject line of your email and your letter will be simulated instead of being delivered to the postal service.