How To Send Letters From BillingOrchard
You can send invoices to your customers directly from BillingOrchard. Use BillingOrchard to generate an email message with your invoice as a PDF document attached and send it to PostalMethods, where it will be sent as a postal letter within one business day.
Adjust Your BillingOrchard Account:
As a preparatory step for sending invoices as letters with PostalMethods, you need to adjust your invoice template to make sure that the recipient address is positioned correctly so it is clearly displayed through the envelope window.
- Please contact PostalMethods Support and request to set your PostalMethods account for sending letters from BillingOrchard
- Since BillingOrchard do not allow editing the invoice template, you need to deactivate your company logo in BillingOrchard:
- Sign in to your BillingOrchard account
- On the left navigation bar, in the Account section, click on Upload Your Logo
- Click to deactivate your logo
Sending Invoices By Postal Mail:
- On the left navigation bar, in the Invoices section, click on View Invoices
- Click on Send in the invoice line you wish to send as a letter
- Select the Send the invoice to your client by email as a PDF attachment option and click Next
- At the Send PDF Attachment page, write the following email address in To Email address: email@example.com and click Send Email
An e-mail message containing the attached invoice is sent to PostalMethods. The address is extracted from the document; your invoice is printed, folded, inserted, stamped and delivered to the postal agency. You can see your letter being processed in the PostalMethods Control Panel Activity table.
- The email account you are using in order to send the email message to PostalMethods must be defined as an Allowed Email Sender in the PostalMethods Security Settings tab.
- You can send letters via PostalMethods by using other applications, by using your favorite office application, by using our "Quick Send" web form or by using our advanced Web Services (for developers).
- You can simulate sending letters for free in order to see how your resulting letter and envelope will look like. There is no charge for these tests. You can view your letters in the PostalMethods control panel. To simulate a letter simply include this string:
/Developmentanywhere in the Subject line of your email and your letter will be simulated instead of being delivered to the postal service.