How To Send Letters From Applied Systems® The Agency Manager® (TAM®)
Send letters to your customers directly from Applied Systems Insurance Agency Manager (TAM). Use Applied Systems Insurance Agency Manager to generate an email message with a Word document attached and send it to PostalMethods where it will be sent as a postal letter.
The Agency Manager (TAM) is using a very efficient way for generating letter - it merges data stored in the application and merges it to Formletters, which are Microsoft Word templates. All you need to do in order to send a postal letter directly from TAM is:
- Design you Formletter to match the PostalMethods format
- Generate a letter from TAM
- Send it to PostalMethods as an email attachment
Design you Formletter to match the PostalMethods format
PostalMethods letters are sent using a double window envelope. You must design your letter so that the recipient address and the return address, which is your way to brand your letter, are properly placed so they are visible through the envelope windows.
- Download the Microsoft Word templates for your version of Word
- In The Agency Manager® main screen, click the Utilitiesbutton
- Select the General folder, then Document Maintenance and then Document Setup
- Click on the Arrow in the right window
- In the Customer Formletters screen, click on Revise
- Click Edit
- TAM then opens Microsoft Word and allows you to edit the letter. Edit the letter according to the PostalMethods templates to correctly position the recipient and return addresses. You may find it helpful to copy the text boxes from the PostalMethods template and paste them in the letter.
- TO BE CONTINUED
For more help: these topics
TAM® Word Interface
How To Edit Your Letter Template
You may need to edit your letter template so that the recipient address is correctly positioned in order for it to be visible through the envelope window.
- Go to Main Menu > System Setup > Template Tables
- Click on the default Letter Layout button
- Click List and then the line showing the Letter Template and click OK
- Click Duplicate so you do not change your existing letter template and give a new name at the Description field - for example: "PostalMethods Letter"
- According to what you saw in the envelope simulation images, make the needed changes to the content of the letter. Consider the following:
- The recipient postal address fully appears inside the bottom window
- The leftmost and the bottommost parts of the address have at least an 1/8 of an inch margin from the left and bottom edges of the window respectively
- Content, other than the postal address, does not appear through the bottom window
How To Edit Your Letterhead
You may need to edit your agency settings so that the recipient address is correctly positioned in order for it to be visible through the envelope window.
- Go to Main Menu > System Setup > Main System
- Click on the Letter tab
- According to what you saw in the envelope simulation images, make the needed changes to the letterhead type and logo. Consider the following:
- The logo and brand name should be seen through the envelope window so that the recipient recognizes the sender
- The return address should be seen in order for the letter to be returned to you in case it is undeliverable
How To Send Letters From InStar
Create a letter using InStar, print it as a PDF document, open the PDF document and email it to PostalMethods.
- Select a customer to which you would like to send a letter and click on the Letter button appearing at the bottom-left corner of the form
- Click Add to create a new letter
- Click the Layout button and select the letter template you created in the previous steps. Make sure your letter contains all the information it requires and click Save
- Click Print, select Print To PDF List and then click the Print button at the bottom of the form
- The letter is printed as a PDF file and then added to the PDF list. To open the letter, click Print again, select Print To PDF List and click PDF Advanced
- Locate the PDF in the PDF list and double click it
- Your letter is then opened using your PDF Viewer (e.g., Acrobat Reader). From the PDF viewer, send the document as an email attachment (In Acrobat Reader, click File > Attach to Email...)
- An Outlook message window is opened. Write this address in the To: line: firstname.lastname@example.org, and click Send.
An e-mail message containing the attached document is sent to PostalMethods. The address is extracted from the document; your document is printed, folded, inserted, stamped and delivered to the postal agency. You can see your letter being processed in the PostalMethods Control Panel Activity table.
- The email account you are using in order to send the email message to PostalMethods must be defined as an Allowed Email Sender in the PostalMethods Security Settings tab.
- You can send letters via PostalMethods by using other applications, by using your favorite office application, by using our "Quick Send" web form or by using our advanced Web Services (for developers).
- You can simulate sending letters for free in order to see how your resulting letter and envelope will look like. There is no charge for these tests. You can view your letters in the PostalMethods control panel. To simulate a letter simply include this string:
/Developmentanywhere in the Subject line of your email and your letter will be simulated instead of being delivered to the postal service.
“Applied Systems,” “The Agency Manager,” and “TAM” are registered trademarks and property of Applied Systems, Inc. PostalMethods and Interfax US, Inc. are in no way affiliated with nor partners of Applied Systems, Inc. TAM® screencaps, copyright © 2010 Applied Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. The foregoing references to Applied Systems, The Agency Manager, and TAM in no way constitute any sponsorship, approval, or endorsement of PostalMethods, Interfax US, Inc., or Marketech Corp. by Applied Systems, Inc.