VB.NET: Delete an uploaded file using DeleteUploadedFile()
- Create a new Console Application project and add a web reference.
- Copy the entire code below, delete anything written in your application and paste the code there.
- Replace the values of the Const lines with your details:
- Replace MyUsername and MyPassword with your PostalMethods user details.
- Replace MyFileName with the name of the file, including its extension, as it was given when uploaded.
- Start your application. If the response is -3000, the file was deleted. If the response is any other number, check the Web Service Status Codes section.
Imports System.IO Module module1 Sub Main() Const MyUsername As String = "MyUsername" Const MyPassword As String = "MyPassword" Const MyFileName As String = "PurchaseInvoice.mht" Dim objPM As New com.postalmethods.api.PostalWS() Dim lngResult As Long ' Invoke the DeleteUploadedFile method lngResult = objPM.DeleteUploadedFile( _ MyUsername, _ MyPassword, _ MyFileName) ' ' Check response status ' If lngResult = -3000 Then ' ' If the result code = -3000, the file was deleted. ' Console.WriteLine("File deleted!") Else ' ' A negative value means an error occurred. ' See the PostalMethods Status Codes: http://www.postalmethods.com/statuscodes#webservice. ' Console.WriteLine("An error occurred:" & lngResult) End If ' In debug mode, the following lines prevent your console application from closing automatically upon termination Console.WriteLine("Hit ENTER to terminate application") Console.ReadLine() End Sub End Module